Slack is an instant messaging program designed by Slack Technologies and owned by Salesforce.
ChaosSearch has a one-directional integration with Slack. It is easy to configure alerts to go to a designated Slack channel to notify users of incidents or conditions detected in your cloud-storage log and event files.
Add a Slack integration in ChaosSearch, and start taking advantage of Slack's easy-to-use team collaboration platform with the ChaosSearch alert notification system.
The Slack integration has three main steps:
- Configure Slack to expose a webhook for alert notifications.
- Create a webhook on your workspace.
- Add Slack as a destination in ChaosSearch for alerts.
- In the Slack client, click your company or organization name at the top of the Slack window to display the workspace menus.
- Click Add workspaces, then Create a new workspace.
- Your browser opens a page that prompts you for your email. Type your email address and click Continue.
- Type the six digit code that Slack sends to your email for verification.
- The Slack client displays a page with a message that it is launching your workspace. Depending upon your browser, you might be prompted for permission for the website to launch the workspace in your client application. Allow this.
- Open your client and there should be a second workspace in the upper left corner. Click on the second workspace.
- You are prompted for a name for your workspace. Type your desired name.
- You are prompted for a project description. Type your project description and click next.
- You are prompted to enter coworkers. Click Skip for this step. On the ensuing prompt, click Skip Step. Coworkers can be added later if desired.
- You have provisioned your slack workspace. You can jump between your workspaces using the icons in the upper left corner.
- In the upper left corner, click your new workspace.
- Click Browse Slack and then click Apps.
- In the upper right corner of your workspace, click App Directory.
- A Slack page opens in your web browser. In the search bar, type
incomingand click Incoming WebHooks.
- Click Add to Slack to configure your first webhook.
- In the Post to Channel box, click the desired channel from the drop-down or run the create a new channel wizard if desired.
- On the next page, copy your webhook URL (this can always be retrieved again later) and click Save settings.
To add a destination for the Slack integration:
- Log in to the ChaosSearch console as a user with Analytics access.
- On the Search Analytics tab, click Alerting in the left menu area. The Alerts page opens.
- Click Destinations.
- Click Add destination.
- Type a name for your integration such as
- In the Type field, select Custom Webhook. Some additional fields are added to the page.
- Select the Define endpoint by URL option.
- In the Webhook URL field, type or paste the URL from the Incoming Webhook setup page.
- Click Create.
Updated 6 months ago