ChaosSearch has a one-directional integration with Slack. It's easy to configure alerts to go right into your Slack channel.
Add a Slack integration in ChaosSearch, and start taking advantage of Slack's easy-to-use team collaboration platform with the ChaosSearch alert notification system.
- In the slack client, click the down carrot next to your company in the upper left hand corner, browse to Add workspaces, and click “Create a new workspace” In Slack, navigate to Administration
- Your browser will open to a page and prompt you for your email. Specify your email address and click Continue.
- On the next page, enter in the six digit code slack sends to your email.
- On the next page, slack will inform you that it's launching your workspace. Depending upon your browser, you might get prompted for permission for the website to launch the workspace in your client application. Allow this.
- Open your client and there should be a second workspace in the upper left corner. Click on this.
- You will be prompted for a name for your workspace. Enter your desired Name
- You will be prompted for a project description. Enter your project description and click next
- You will be prompted to enter coworkers. Click Skip this step. On the ensuing prompt, click Skip Step. Coworkers can be added later if desired.
- You have completed provisioning your slack workspace. You can jump between your workspaces using the icons in the upper left corner.
- In the upper left hand corner click on your new workspace.
- Click Browse Slack and then click Apps.
- In the upper right corner of your workspace, click App Directory
- This will open a slack page in your web browser. In the search bar, type “incoming” and click “Incoming WebHooks”
- Click Add to Slack to start configuring your first webhook
- In the Post to Channel box, click the desired channel from the drop down or run the create a new channel wizard if desired.
- On the next page, copy your webhook URL (this can always be retrieved again later) and click Save settings.
Navigate to the Analysis section with ChaosSearch
- Select Destinations
- Click Add destination
- Input the destination Name
- Select Slack from the drop-down menu
- Input the Webhook URL copied from the Incoming Webhook set-up
- Click Create
Updated 4 months ago