ChaosSearch Object Groups are customizable filters for viewing what’s in your buckets for fine-grained object analysis. To get started with object groups click Create Object Group.
- Select a bucket from the left hand menu
- Applying filters can be done a few different ways.
- Prefix - Allows you to start from the beginning of the file name
- Select/Filter - Allows you to specify one file and/or modify the regex to associate similar objects
- Click Advance Filtering for a more customizable filter
- Click Next
Compressed objects still show a Content Preview
ChaosSearch has the unique capability of providing a content preview even if the objects are compressed. This allows users the unique ability to stay in the UI while constructing regex's should they need to.
ChaosSearch supports multiple file types with multiple formatting options.
- ChaosSearch will analyze the file contents for patterns and generate a format recommendation
- If Data Format is unknown, select LOG and enter a regular expression
- If desired, select a Compression format (gzip or snappy)
CSV Format allows you to define if you want to use the first line as a Column Name
JSON Format allows you to select how far into an array ChaosSearch will go before flattening
- Once selected, you can now Preview the content
- Click Apply
- Preview the formatted content
- Click Create Object Group
Give the object group a name and click Create.
The advanced filtering mechanism allows you to create more complex filters based on additional object metadata (such as file size, date modified, and custom user tags/fields). This filter is specified as a JSON object that describes the filtering constraints.
Edit the JSON object to reflect the desired filters and click Submit
Updated 3 days ago
|Modeling your data|