ChaosSearch has a one-directional integration with PagerDuty. It's easy to configure alerts to go right into your PagerDuty account to start notifying the right engineers.
Add a Custom Webhook Integration in ChaosSearch, and start taking advantage of PagerDuty's alert and event management platform with the ChaosSearch alert notification system.
When an alert is triggered in ChaosSearch, an alert is created in PagerDuty automatically through the integration.
In PagerDuty add an API integration to a service or utilize on that has already been created for ChaosSearch
- You'll need to have PagerDuty account
- Navigate to Services and select Service Directory
- Once at Service Directory page create a new service or chose from one of
the available services.
- From the Service page go to the Integrations tab and click on the "+
Add an Integration" button.
- From the Add Integrations page choose the Events API V2
- From the newly created integration drill down from the right corner.
The values of interest are the Integration Key and Integration URL
(Alert Events) for our integration with Chaossearch.
- Navigate to three bars Menu to Monitoring / Alerting in the Analytics section
- Click Destinations and Add Destination
- Give the destination a name and change Type to Custom Webhook
- Check Define endpoint by URL
- In the Webhook paste the Integration URL (Alert Events) value: https://events.pagerduty.com/v2/change/enqueue
- At the bottom in the Header Information click add header and add the Key X-Routing-Key and the value will be the Integration Key from your PagerDuty service
- Click Create
To create a monitor in ChaosSearch, please follow these instructions
Once you completed the Monitor creation, you will then need to define the trigger.
Configure Actions section
In the final step of creating a trigger, the Message payload should be configured as seen below.
Updated 6 months ago