ChaosSearch provides the ability to send notifications to destinations such as third-party tools. You can define either a Slack integration or a Webhook integration in the Destinations section of the ChaosSearch Alerting area.
Create your destinations first, so that they are available to select when defining triggers.
To create a destination:
- In Analytics > Alerting, click Destination. The Destinations page opens, and you can review the list of current destinations.
- Click Add destination.
- In the Name field, type a name for the new destination.
- In the Type field, select a destination type from the list:
- Amazon Chime–Sends a notification to the Amazon Chime messaging service.
- Slack–Sends a notification to a Slack channel messaging service.
- Custom webhook–Sends a notification to a custom webhook destination.
- For either Chime or Slack destinations, paste or type the URL for the chat room in the Webhook URL field.
- For a Custom webhook destination, the window displays additional fields for the information. Each custom webhook will have different vales and requirements. Review the documentation for the target destination service to gather the required information needed for the custom webhook definition.
- Click Create to save and add the destination to the Destinations page.
A sample Slack destination definition follows:
When you create a trigger, the notification process requires a destination that is already configured in the Destinations list. If your desired destination is not yet created, you must define it and then return to the trigger definition step.
After the monitors and trigger to the Slack channel are enabled, Slack users who can view the channel will start to see alert notifications:
Updated 2 months ago