As you refine your data files and analytics, some object groups might not be useful or applicable for the system, or test object groups might have been replaced by better production object groups. You can delete unused object groups for good system maintenance practices and to reduce possible distractions for the data analysts who build views.
Before you can delete an object group, you must delete any daily interval(s) associated with the group. This topic describes how to delete an object group and its intervals.
Use caution before deleting intervals and object groups; make sure that the object groups and intervals are no longer used for analytics or business needs.
When you identify an object group that you want to delete, first check for and delete any daily intervals (essentially the indexed data) for the group. You could also manually delete daily intervals to clear out any old or unneeded indexed data for the group, or if you are working with ChaosSearch Customer Success to clean out existing indexed data before re-indexing the matching log and event files for the object group.
To delete daily intervals for an object group:
- In the Storage area, select the object group that has the intervals that you want to delete.
- Click Intervals to review the list of intervals for the group. The sample screen shows a group with one interval. Object groups might have zero, one, or more intervals.
- Select the intervals either by clicking the checkbox for each interval file or by using the Name select/de-select checkbox to select them all.
- Click Delete Interval(s). The system displays a prompt to confirm that you want to delete the interval(s).
- In the confirmation window, click OK to remove the interval(s). It can take a few minutes to delete large intervals or many interval files.
Note that in the top right corner, the Delete Group option remains grayed out until all of the intervals are deleted for an object group.
You can delete an object group that has no associated daily intervals or indexed data.
- In the Storage area, select the object group that you want to delete, if you are not already in the group page.
- Click Delete Object Group in the top right corner.
- In the confirmation window, click OK to remove the object group.
If an error message window opens and the object group could not be deleted, use the steps in Deleting Intervals to verify that the daily intervals for the object group have been deleted.
Updated 12 days ago