To get started creating a dashboard click Create a dashboard.
If you haven't configured a dashboard before the Kibana interface will walk you through the process to add a visualization.
Click Add in the menu bar and select a visualization from the list. If you have multiple visualizations, use the filter to refine the visualization list.
Haven't created a visualization yet?
If you haven't created a visualization yet, click Add new Visualization. See Creating visualizations for more information.
To add a saved query, click the Saved Search tab and select a query from the list. If you have multiple saved queries, use the filter to refine the query list.
The visualization and query elements in a dashboard are housed in panels that can be customized.
Click and hold the top of a panel and drag to the desired position.
Click and drag the bottom right corner of a panel to the desired size.
Click the gear menu in the upper right corner of a panel for additional options.
- Edit visualization - Open a visualization in the Visualize screen or a query in the Discover screen
- Customize panel - Rename a panel title
- Full screen - Expand a panel to full screen (select Minimize to restore the panel to regular size)
- Delete from dashboard - Remove a panel
Deleting from dashboard
Removing a panel from the dashboard does not delete the saved visualization or query.
To save a dashboard:
- Click Save
- Enter a name for the dashboard (and an optional description, if desired)
- Click Save
Optionally, select Store time with dashboard if you want to save the selected time filter with the dashboard.
Check out the Kibana documentation for more information about creating and configuring custom dashboards.
Updated about a month ago