Google Workspace (formerly GSuite and Google Apps) is a service from Google LLC that provides a collection of standard user productivity applications like email, word processing, spreadsheets, user authentication, security, and similar tools. Through its Auth0 broker, ChaosSearch supports SSO integration with Google Workspace, which allows your users with Google accounts to use SP-initiated authentication from the ChaosSearch login page.
The Auth0 process to set up Google SSO authentication is as follows:
- ChaosSearch will create an SSO connection for your Google IdP in the Auth0 broker. ChaosSearch Customer Success will provide you with the following information:
- Authorized redirect URI:
https://YOURDOMAIN.auth0.com/login/callbackas an example
The customer Google administrator must follow the Google Authentication Setup Steps to create Google credentials. During this process, Google generates a Client ID and Client Secret for your application. Give the ID and secret values to ChaosSearch Customer success because they are needed for ChaosSearch to complete the Auth0 connection for your Google IdP.
ChaosSearch will complete the SSO connection for your Google IdP in the Auth0 broker.
The Google administrator must set up the OAuth Consent screen and include the following settings:
- In the User Type field, select External.
- In the Application Type field, select Public.
- In the Authorized domains field, type
Review the steps
It is recommended to review the [Google/Gmail topic] (https://marketplace.auth0.com/integrations/google-social-connection) to learn about the configuration steps. The process to create an SP-initiated authentication with Google Workspace is complicated; contact ChaosSearch Customer Success if this is the SSO implementation that you want to use.
While logged in to your Google account, go to the GCP > APIs & Services > Credentials page.
- You might need to click Credentials in the left menu to display the Credentials page.
- Click Create credentials and select OAuth client ID from the menu.
- Select Web application.
- Under Restrictions, enter the following information:
- Authorized redirect URI: for example,
- Click Create.
Provide the Client ID and Client Secret from the procedure above to your Customer Success Engineer to complete the configuration for Google.
Updated 4 months ago